If you are looking for the best Vancouver wedding venues, then you are in the right place. During the course of this conversation we will be looking at the top 5 wedding venues in Vancouver, British Columbia. Before we dive into the list we should note that the list is not in any particular order, we simply feel this is the top five venues to have a wedding in Vancouver so now would be a great time to begin the review.
Best 5 Vancouver Wedding Venues
- The Fairmont Waterfront located at 900 Canada Place way in Vancouver B.C. offers seating capacity for up to 590 guests. This is a 4-star hotel with a great location especially if you are having family and friends fly in for the wedding they can stay at the Fairmont Waterfront which should help reduce any travel anxiety they may have. Since the catering is on-site you will need to schedule a sampling with them to make sure it suits your preferences and those of your guests. The range for catering a wedding at the Fairmont Waterfront can range from $32-$110 per person plus gratuities and this does not include the cost of alcohol which is also provided at the venue. If you are searching for a “turnkey” wedding solution, then you should consider adding this venue to your list of potentials however if you want a more “themed” wedding then you should continue down the list. Most people deem this to be one of the best Vancouver wedding venues available.
- Brock House Restaurant located on 3875 Point Gray Road is located on Jericho Beach and is regarded by some as one of the best places for an individual who dreams of a beach themed wedding. This venue starts at $1500 for the rental then you can elect to have catering done by the highly talented staff at the Brock House Restaurant. Since this venue is one of the most popular in all of Vancouver you will need to book it well in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Paddlewheeler Riverboat Tours is another popular option for individuals who want to have a truly memorable wedding in Vancouver. What makes this a superior option is the breathtaking scenery you will get to enjoy as you travel on the Fraser River. The riverboat can easily handle between 20-80 passengers and can be decorated to suit the desires of the prospective bride and groom. Individuals who want to have a 1800s or 1900s themed wedding you can’t go wrong with this moving venue. The vessel provides sheltered and open deck space so there is something for everyone and the starting price is $2,400 so it is affordable. One of the main drawbacks associated with this type of wedding venue is the weather has to cooperate to have a truly memorable event. Since these riverboat tours are booked up well in advance you have to pray mother nature is on your side to have the best possible wedding.
- Science World located at 1455 Quebec Street is the destination for anyone who loves science and Sci-Fi you are going to find something that will truly amaze you. While this particular venue is not traditional it will surely provide both the married couple and their guests with wonderful memories. Since this venue can easily accommodate up to 1,400 guests however if you are providing a proper reception with food then the rooms can house up to 200 guests. The starting price range for Science World is $5,400 and that can increase depending on the type of cuisine you want to serve during the event. Since this is a very popular destination and venue you will need to be proactive when trying to make a booking that matches your anticipated wedding day.
- Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier is situated at 138 Victory Ship Way and provides one of the most breathtaking views in all of Vancouver. There is over 9,000 square feet of banquet space available so there is room for very large groups. If you are seeking out one of the best wedding venues in Vancouver the you should consider signing up for the “Crystal Plated Dinner Package” which is intended for receptions with 75 or more guests, the price for this type of venue runs in the range of $82 per person plus gratuities.
Vancouver Wedding Venue Tips
While we have touched on what we feel are some of the best Vancouver wedding venues we still need to discuss some of the key steps you have to take when planning the most important day in your life. By completing this checklist, you should be able to manage the stress that is common when getting married.
- Where do you want to get married? This is a personal question and while we focused on Vancouver as the location there is a plethora of places in and around Vancouver so there is no shortage of options available to you. In order to figure out which venue is the right one you and your partner will need to discuss what type of theme you want to have, once that has been established then you can proceed to the next step.
- Do you have a budget defined? This is another very important question to address and while no one wants to talk about money when it comes to getting married it is a very important topic that has to be discussed or it can lead to complications and frustrations. While you do not need a million-dollar budget to host a great wedding you will need to have enough cash in place to cover the venue and meal. If possible, try to give yourself enough time to gradually save up and no matter what do not go into debt. Debt is one of the most common reasons that relationships suffer so do yourself a favor and avoid it at all costs.
- How many guests do you want for your wedding? This is a pretty important question since it will have a material impact on which venues are viable and which are not. Due to fire code requirements you have to have a tentative guest list in mind so you can rule out wedding venues that simply cannot accommodate your wedding. There could be situations where the venue is too small or large so try to get at least a ballpark headcount in place.
- Is your wedding going to be religiously based? If you are having a religious wedding then you will need to book the priest, minister or imam to conduct the wedding in accordance with your faith. There will be some venues that are not suitable due to the religious nature of the wedding for example at most Islamic weddings there cannot be alcohol or pork served. For Jewish weddings the food has to be Kosher or it cannot be served as well. All of these sensitivities have to be taken into consideration if you are having a religious component to your wedding.
- Identifying the best caterer for your wedding reception is not a question but a key task you should put on the top of your list. Since you are going to serve food it has to be top tier and while the venues we mentioned do have top tier catering there are some venues that do not. You should make it a priority to sample all of the food the caterer intends to serve before you make a decision on whether or not to engage their services. Having great tasting food is important but you have to carefully screen the prospective wedding caterer to make sure they can deliver results on time and budget. The last thing you want to experience is a wedding reception where the caterer underperforms or does not even show up at all! To protect yourself from this type of scenario you really need to review the testimonials left by other couples that hired the caterer in the past. It would not be smart to deal with a caterer that has less than a pristine reputation given the importance of the event, where two lives become one.
If you have read this far you may feel a little apprehensive about planning a wedding but if you break it down, there are only a few key steps you have to follow and everything will go fine. Do not let planning the wedding distract you from the most important part of the day which is standing before everyone you love and pledging yourself to them. This affirmation of love is the main reason everyone is coming together. By sticking with all of the suggestions we have outlined you should be able to have a truly memorable wedding that will go down in the history books.